Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Second Milestone Achieved

So I have a milestone to celebrate: yesterday I succeeded in selling my 100th copy of Earth! It was an awesome feeling. I am still in awe of the idea that 100 people spent money to buy and read my book. I couldn’t be more grateful to each and every one of you. It’s also pretty cool to know that only a small handful of those 100 people are people I know in real life, haha! For those of you dreaming about becoming a published writer, or are working towards that goal right now, you will be amazed how hard it is to get friends and family members to read your work. But, maybe that’s a blessing for some of you? Who knows? I will say selling that 100th copy felt just as awesome as my very first copy sold (especially when I found out it wasn’t my mom). But every copy sold feels like a milestone and something to celebrate. I don’t think that will ever change for me. How will I celebrate, you ask? Well we already have our tickets to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Friday, so I may just look at that as an awesome coincidence and call it a celebration.

I also have to give credit to the reading machine, Savannah Valdez of Books With Bite (chick has already read nearly 200 books in 2011 alone!), for those last two sales that put me at the 100 mark. She gave me a wonderful review yesterday and was cool enough to post that review on her blog, Goodreads, Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

I am so enamored with the book bloggers out there, especially those who will read self/indie-published books. I know most of them are slammed now that so many of us are reaching out to them for help, but it’s been my experience that they are gracious and want to help us. Yeah, they get free books out of it, but it is so much work that can’t be the only incentive. So my thanks goes out to all of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment