Friday, May 27, 2011

Second Review by YA Bound

It has been a crazy week. Yesterday the awesome Trish Wolfe reviewed my book. She loved it. Her one complaint was that there wasnt enough romance. As criticisms go, I'll take it! I couldn't believe the awesome things Trish had to say about my book. When you've been rejected by publishing professionals it is so validating to have people tell you they loved your work. I told my husband that, while I knew I needed to reach out to bloggers and ask them to read and review my book, I was terrified to see what they had to say.

So that makes two reviews that gave me 5 out 5 stars. The first by a near 17-year-old and the other a mother of a teen. That's an awesome spectrum to please. I ran into our bedroom and woke my allergy stricken husband just to tell him. I swear, I almost cried and I do not cry.

So far I've sold 40 books and for my first month as self-published that's amazing. Everything I've read says not to expect to sell more than 10 books in your first month. I really hope this is a sign of things to come.

Now rest assured, Jensen (Shayna's love interest), does not disappear in book two. However it must be remembered that mine are not Paranormal Romance books, they are Urban Fantasy. My stories do not depend on the romance to move the story along. But Shay has been lonely as an empath, but she wars with the concept of being tied down to one person. We'll see how it plays out.

Speaking of, I really need to get back to Book 2, Air.

0 comments:

Post a Comment